Wednesday, January 7, 2009

About Me

I have been married for 32 years and have three wonderful children who are not really children anymore but full fledged adults (although I find all three still "need their mother" from time to time guess the Mom job never really ends). I moved to Wheaton in 1990 and have lived in the same house in the Wheaton Ridge subdivision ever since!

Before moving to Wheaton we lived in Bloomingdale and before becoming a realtor I was a flight attendant for Continental Airlines for 16 years, then stayed home with the kids and ran a typesetting business out of my home while they were young. The typesetting business has really been an asset to my real estate biz today. My husband is extremely tech and computer savvy and some has rubbed off on to me and I would say I am a tad ahead of the game than most other realtors when it comes to design of brochures, etc, etc.

I became a realtor in 1994 when I didn't know "what I wanted to do" since the kids were older and I guess it was time to find a career. An old dear flight attendant friend had become a realtor and is actually the one who turned me onto the idea of becoming a real estate agent. She is also the same person who convinced me to eventually move over to Keller Williams from Coldwell Banker - apparently she's a big influence on me!

At first I worked with Windham and Siefert builders selling new construction in the subdivision across from my own, Wheaton Crossing. Today this neighborhood is and has been a large component of my business, clients and referrals. Then I was with Prudential's Wheaton office until switching over to Coldwell Banker's Wheaton office to today as of late last year opening my own Keller Williams office in Glen Ellyn with two fellow realtors as partners!

Another post to come about "the office."

No comments:

Post a Comment